Saturday, August 22, 2009

S'mores Cookies




Although most of my posts tend to be dinners, I have found that when I browse through food blogs, my favorite ones are the baking blogs. Looking at all of the gorgeous pictures of drool-inducing goodies is almost as much fun as being in a bakery. I saw this recipe on Two Peas and Their Pod and immediately made plans to bake them this weekend; and I have to say, this might make the best cookie dough I have EVER tasted! The slight crunch of the graham crackers really puts it over the top. Actually, I made some slight adaptations to the recipe, mostly for baking in Puerto Rico.

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups coursely crushed graham crackers
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar(I did 1/2 c)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 bag miniature choc chips
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
2 Hershey bars, chopped

Preheat oven to 375. In medium bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt. Whisk together. In larger bowl beat together butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Slowly beat in flour mix until smooth. Stir in choc chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes(I did 7), and remove from oven. Push 4-5 marshmallows and a few pieces of hershey bar into each cookie. Return to oven and bake few more minutes until fully cooked. Cool on cookie rack.

Makes about 4 dozen.

1 comment:

  1. I think I know what I'll be doing while the kiddos are at school. thanks!

    ReplyDelete