Friday, October 14, 2011

My New Blender!




You like it? I don't.......I LOVE IT!!! In my house, we ride our blenders hard and put 'em to bed wet--well, broken, usually. I got the model that's a step down from this one in Puerto Rico, and that thing was a workhorse. It could power through anything I threw its way, and it lasted longer than any other blender I've ever owned. We finally chewed it up and spit it out this morning, and I simply couldn't face not having my Kitchenaid blender sitting on my countertop. SO, I got online this morning and researched what amount of dinero I was looking at parting with to replace it. I don't know how or why, but the stars were aligned this morning and I found a smokin' deal. One of my favorite places to look for Kitchenaid appliances is at their online outlet store, where they sell discontinued and refurbished models.(I am totally a refurbished fan, as my refurbished 7-year-old Pro 600 Series mixer will attest to.) Anyways....... back to star alignment. The Kitchenaid outlet is currently featuring as their weekly special the refurbished 5-Speed Artisan Series Blender with 56-oz Blend and Serve Pitcher for $54.99. AND, they are currently offering a flat-rate shipping fee of $2. AND, CouponCabin currently has a coupon for 10% off any Kitchenaid outlet store purchase. SO, the bottom line for my new blender, including tax and shipping? ******$55.33****** I am so happy!
Oh, and one of the best parts is you can choose your color! I just have to post this color option for my friend Zana, who loves turquoise more than anyone I know:



Hmmm, reading back through this post I'm noticing I'm in quite the old western sayings mood. Ok, don't worry, I am planning on doing an actual food post soon. It's not that I haven't been eating; I just need to remember to pick up my camera before I pick up my fork....

2 comments:

  1. You would have had me sold if I didn't have a boring black blender sitting on my counter!!!
    I love how the sweet deal makes you love it more so can I come over for a smoothie now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, thank you, thank you, thank you. My mom AND mother-in-law have that blender and I've wanted one forever, but haven't been able to find one for less than $100. My mom uses hers daily for crushing ice, which it does in seconds and doesn't smell like smoke afterwords. Happy early birthday gift to me!

    ReplyDelete