Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BBQ Short Ribs




Well ladies, this is the first time that I have ever made short ribs. With my 36th birthday looming near, it just goes to show--you're never too old to learn! (HA! You were expecting me to say something about old dogs, weren't you??) My family loves ribs, and Scott asked for some for his birthday dinner. These were at--you guessed it!--Costco, so I picked up a pack. I used the recipe for Zesty Short Ribs from my trusty Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book as a guide, and now have a new family favorite. The meat was so tender and flavorful, and with no bones to slow us up we devoured them! I barbecued them, but if you want to make them in the oven, just do the simmering bit, then put the ribs on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Brush with sauce, and broil 4-5 inches from the heat for 10-15 minutes or till heated through, turning often and brushing with sauce.

BBQ Short Ribs

4ish pound pack of boneless beef short ribs
steak seasoning
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup molasses
3 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs mustard
garlic powder
salt and pepper

Cut ribs into serving size pieces. Place in pot and cover with water. Generously season water with steak seasoning. Cover and simmer about 1 hour until tender(pierce with fork). Drain. Mix sauce ingredients in a big bowl(be sure to taste for seasonings). Add in ribs and mix until coated. Grill on medium heat grill until heated through, about 20 minutes, turning and brushing occasionally with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment