Thursday, October 8, 2009

Waffle of Insane Greatness (no, I didn't name it; yes, it lives up to its name)



As I was typing in the title for this recipe, it popped up for me in the dropdown menu. Hmmmm, have I posted this already? Ooops--a quick look-up says yes, but at my other blog and without a pic. Now, instead of feeling so bloggily productive, I feel like I'm cheating. The guilt is not crushing enough to keep me from reposting this little gem, though. This recipe comes from Aretha Frankensteins, and it's why I have a waffle maker. These babies come out nice and crispy, but still dense and moist.

Waffle of Insane Greatness

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups whole milk or buttermilk
2/3 cup oil
2 eggs
3 tsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla

In a bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add milk, oil, egg, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Let sit for 30 minutes.

Preheat waffle iron; don't spray with non-stick(the oil in the batter will allow the waffle to release easily). Cook as directed for your waffle iron.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, everything looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...thanks so much for sharing. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

    Bring Me Ben & Jerry's, Please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great, now I want a waffle!

    PS Thank you for stopping by on my special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks incredibly delicious. i'm going to have to whip up another cup of chocolat to go with it ;] thank you!

    ReplyDelete